Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Kindergarten Celebration

This morning, along with Josh, my parents, and Josh's dad, I attended Caleb's kindergarten celebration. It was such an adorable thing, and I smiled each time the principal reiterated sweetly, "We will make sure you have time for pictures!"


















Caleb and the principal. He was looking up at me on the top row.


I did my best not to cry. I had teary eyes throughout most of the program, and each time Caleb looked up at us and waved, it made me have a few more tears. This growing up stuff sure is hard on us moms.












The class of 2023.



It was a bittersweet morning. What a blessing to see him learn and grow. I particularly loved when they read his name and said, "When Caleb grows up, he wants to be an astronaut...or a ninja." Ha!


















With his teachers. I love them.



I know he can't possibly understand my tears. It's probably just silly to him now. Perhaps he'll understand someday.

But to me, he should still be this little baby...



















5 comments:

Causey Fam said...

The class of 2023 sounds crazy!!! Never thought of it that way before. Congrats, Caleb!

Unknown said...

A milestone moment for sure! Even though they grow up and away, the alternative would never be what you would choose. Congrats on making it this far in the journey. Great job!
Rosemary

Sarah said...

Chrissy, he is still that little baby to me also. It's hard to believe so much time has passed. I have enjoyed watching him grow up!

accesskas27 said...

awwwww!!!!! They are growing up too fast Chrissy!!!!!

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

It's amazing how fast children grown. My youngest is married with 2 children! oh my! Love them now and when they grow up! Hope you are enjoying the journey!

Post a Comment