Monday, August 6, 2012

He Still Holds My Hand

Yesterday my first born turned eight.

It's hard to believe that eight years have gone by since I became a mom.

My most favorite picture of Caleb



















Yesterday Caleb wanted to join us for "big church" instead of going to children's church.  I'm not sure why, I guess he just wanted to see what it was like, and I know he has seen a few of his friends in there, so maybe he felt that he was old enough now?

He sang with us (some of those contemporary songs are done during his children's service so I knew he'd know them), and he was somewhat attentive through the message (as much as an eight-year-old can be when talking about Americanized Christianity - as the message was basically about).

But what I will hold dear to my heart is the fact that when we sat to listen, he put his head on my shoulder...



And then reached for my hand...

He put his hand in mine...

As we sat there, my heart filled with joy.  I didn't think I'd be having these moments anymore with him to be honest.

But I did.

I will not forget it.

Because my sweet little boy is too close to being a big boy.



I love you, Caleb!  Hope you had a great day turning 8!

3 comments:

Bld424 said...

What a treasure. I am so happy for your good memory from Sunday. I started thinking how sad it will be when I don't get my hand held by my children. Oh. Teary. I think middle school could be your big kid turning point. When he's in middle school, your baby will be in preschool (right?). Then he will be a big kid.

Amanda said...

Tears. Those are the sweetest moments. Scottie is 9 and I am so grateful everyday for the hugs and snuggles I still get. He still wants to hold my hand and kiss me goodbye on the cheek. I hope he never gives it up and I will relish every moment I can get.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet moment! I can't believe Caleb is already 8! He's a sweet boy because he has a sweet mama! :)

Post a Comment