Thursday, January 22, 2009

Testimony for our Ladies' Retreat

Last night, Jeanette Ashley asked me to give my testimony at our annual Ladies' Retreat. To be honest, this did not come as a surprise to me (not even a little). I distinctly remember after last year's retreat feeling a sense of peace come over me as I could hear God telling me, "Next year, she'll ask you."

I am one of those who came to know Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior at a very young age - I was six. So throughout my life I struggled when it came to knowing how to share my testimony. I didn't have one of those amazing conversion experiences. Fortunately I've learned throughout the years that my testimony is just as important as anyone else's, and God has revealed to me how to share what He's done for me as His child.

Soon I will start an outline and begin putting together what I feel God is leading me to share. I will probably post it eventually...I have until April 3rd.

2 comments:

kimberly said...

Chrissy-
I love your page. I hope that you enjoy blogging like the rest of us.

Cheryl said...

Welcome to the Blog World! Your blog is very pretty and I love your header! =)

How cool that you knew even LAST YEAR that you would be giving your testimony this year! I am like you--I became a Christian at an early age as well and struggled with the thought that my testimony wasn't as "important" as others.... However, I, too, have come to realize that we ALL have an important testimony. And, it's not just how we came to know Him as our Savior, but also what He is doing in our lives now and how He is using us to impact our world now that are just as important! =) I know the Holy Spirit will guide you as you prepare your testimony and there will be someone there who needs to hear how God is working in your life and using you! =) Have fun!!!

~~cheryl

Post a Comment