Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We love Mrs. Carrie

When I called the preschool director at the Solid Rock Christian Church last spring, I was very excited that Caleb would be starting something new. I looked forward to hearing about his new friends, and let's be honest, I was looking forward to a couple of hours with one less child in the house. Hopefully other moms understand that. And, of course, I looked forward to seeing what he learned each day and communicating with his teachers about the events of his morning.

A week or two ago, I received a message from one of his teachers, Mrs. Carrie:

I have to tell you the cutest thing today. Since today was black and white day at preschool, the kids were to color the things that God made that should be black. There was a spider on the coloring page, and Caleb kept wanting to color it red. We kept telling him that he needed to color it black. He started coloring it red, and Mrs. Cathy and I told him not to...he needed to color it black. He said he didn't want to.

So Mrs. Cathy said, 'Sometimes we can't do what we want to do, we have to do what we are told to do.'

I told him that Jesus tells us to obey our parents and teachers. I said the Bible tells us that.

He said, 'I got a new Bible.'

I asked him, 'Do you read it, or have someone read it to you? The Bible tells us to obey, do you know what obey means?'

He said, 'I think I'll color this black.' It cracked me up! He realized what the right thing to do was and did it. Way to go! I just thought I would share that with you.

I simply LOVE his preschool. I love his teachers and what he learns each day that he's there. I love that they can implement God's Word into any situation and that he's learning about biblical truths. I love that they pray before snack time. All of this has made me begin to think about the future for my kids as far as schooling. Josh and I have discussed and prayed about sending them to a Christian school - there are a few options in Rolla - and I hope God opens those doors for us. I am seeing the benefits of Christian schooling right now. I would love to see it all continue.

2 comments:

Bld424 said...

I am a product of that preschool! It used to be housed at a different church, but some of the teachers are the same! Sounds like a great experience!

Causey Fam said...

I have some other resources if you are interested. We have a heart for that as well!

Post a Comment