Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sitting on the ledge of my window...

...in my kitchen...are these four glasses.












And just in case you have been living under a rock over the last few days were not aware of the situation, here is an article about the recall on all four of the Shrek glasses sold at McDonald's.

McDonald's Recall: 'Shrek' Glasses Contain Toxic Metal Cadmium

Now, I must say, I didn't take the hint from God about not eating at McD's when the one in our town burnt down and was closed for months and months. I simply drove down the interstate about 5 miles and ate at another one.

But I'm not sure if I should avoid this hint. It's a pretty big one. You'd think a McDonald's buring down would be big enough, but I think bone softening, kidney problems, and hindering brain development might just be a red flag for me.

Cadmium is a carcinogen that research shows also can cause bone softening and severe kidney problems. Research also suggests that it can, like lead, hinder brain development in the very young.

Of course, there's Maegan's perspective: "Yeah, and I must say...after you've eaten a meal from McDonald's, I think Metal Cadmium is the LEAST of your worries!"

So true.

When will I learn?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We no longer eat at a lot of fast food joints. McD's hit my list when a lot of the 1yr happy meal pics came out. They also use corn as a filler. We don't eat any corn products in our home, so eating out is really hard anyways. I say avoid mcd's like they are the plague you will feel lots better :-)

LKP said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...::catching my breath::...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

yeah, maybe we all shouldn't take God's hints so lightly, eh? =)

Scott S. said...

Just another way Mc'D's is trying to kill us all.

California Keys said...

We have to return our Fiona cup.... My son was desperate for it....

I've always suspected that the mcnuggets have an addicting agent in them....

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you appreciate my honest comment!!! :) Just remember, it's coming from a former McDonald's junkie who is completely rehabilitated and now cannot stand the stuff!!! You can do it! I know you can! :)

Post a Comment