Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy Birthday, Caleb!

Today my first born turns seven. What sappy things can I say that haven't already been said? Oh, I can probably come up with several! With each new year brings new happenings in his life and sometimes even new character traits.

In less than a week, he will enter 1st grade. I think I'm still trying to process that he's school-aged. As he celebrated the end of kindergarten last spring, I remember thinking that time is going far too quickly. I feel as though I'm watching this little boy turn into a young man right before my eyes, and I recognize the huge responsibility that I have.















He is creative and has a sweet spirit. He is sometimes silly and witty, and it makes me smile. He has a strong will, and I embrace it and direct it, not stifle it. He is a very good big brother, even though he does irritate his little sister and little brother from time to time!












I love him more than words can say. He gives the best hugs. He notices when I get my hair cut or when I'm wearing a new shirt. He is a good reader, and his report card made my heart happy when it said, "Caleb is a good writer!"

When he does school work, more often than not he remembers his family first:




And today...he turns seven.



Happy 7th birthday, Caleb! You make me so proud in so many ways!



















3 comments:

Causey Fam said...

Happy Birthday Caleb, I hope you had a great birthday. I'm sorry I couldn't be there. I hope you had a fun time at your birthday. I miss you. From Alli

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I would also add he is a great neighbor!
Kim Anderson

our home to yours said...

Happy Birthday Caleb. And enjoy it Chrissy, time flies by way too fast. My baby turns 34 this year, but in my heart he's still a baby.
Debbi
-ourhometoyours

Post a Comment