Thursday, April 16, 2009

Susan G. Komen 2009

Today I will register a team for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure! Last year was my first time participating in the event, and it was so amazing! Originally I was only going up there with my sister, but then I started talking with my friend, Sarah H, whose mom is a 10-year breast cancer survivor. They decided to go with us! I was 18-weeks pregnant, so it was a bit of a challenge to walk 5K (since I didn't really work at getting ready...dumb mistake). My sister and I walked in honor of our grandma who is a breast cancer survivor.

This year I hope to take even more people with me! If you live in my area and want to participate, let me know. I raised $500 all by myself last year, so I know my team will do great! :o) The challenge for me this year will be taking Gabriel (since I'll still be nursing). But...I guess I'll just be setting a good example as I nurse him out in the open. Women who nurse are far less likely to be diagnosed with breast cancer!

I'll post my fund raising website when I get it up and going.













Survivor Processional (I cried)















SO MANY PEOPLE! (Click on the picture for the "wow" factor!)















Us girls...don't laugh at the bunny ears...I was being festive! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment