Friday, May 25, 2012

A Few Things on Friday

I have obviously failed to stick with my Monday, Wednesday, Friday postings.

In short...

I followed up with my surgeon this week.  All is well.  Blood work says everything in the area where my gall bladder was is fine - liver function, pancreas, etc.

I had my six-week postpartum check-up with my OBGYN this week.  Everything is good with that, too.

I am giving up dairy for the time being in hopes that it helps Leah.  All of a sudden she has been fussing and crying and often not consolable.  It's a cry that I can tell she hurts.  She is also insanely gassy.  Another sign that I didn't know about but was told today is if the baby is fussing at the breast - she just has her mouth open, head goes back and forth, but won't latch on for a while.  I didn't know why she was doing this, but maybe it's the dairy thing.

So between no McDonald's, fear of eating foods with fat, and no dairy...I should be a size 4 by fall...ha!

And since I like to post a picture with every entry, I'll use the one I took this past Sunday.  We had small group, and several of the kids just sat around Leah's car seat while Sarah introduced her.  It was pretty cute.



Hope to get back to my bloggy self soon.  I think surgery and a newborn have sort of thrown me off a bit.






2 comments:

Nel said...

Thanks for the update! Good to know you are trying to get Miss Leah happy... was wondering how everything was going.
Hope you get to enjoy the summer!!!

thechattymommy said...

Praying for you and baby Leah!
Loving the size 4 comment! I am here with ya sista!
Praying baby Leah has an easier time with nursing and want you to know you are a great mom!

Post a Comment