Monday, May 14, 2012

Misc. Monday - Mother's Day, Detox, Lemonade Stand, Four Kids

Last week of school!  So excited!


Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters



1.  Slowly but surely I am feeling TONS better.  I knew I wanted more than anything to be able to go to church on Sunday for Mother's Day, and I did!  And to my surprise, my parents, my in-laws, my sister and her boyfriend all attended church with us, too.  As I walked into the auditorium, I just had tears.  I looked around and was so thankful they were with me, and I was thankful to be in that place.


Me and Sarah at church on Mother's Day!


2.  I experienced an involuntary detox while in the hospital (not sure what else to call it)! :) I have not had McDonald's or a Coke since May 2nd, and you know you're an addict when you remember the day!  I hope to continue this trend, I might as well stick with it.  It is so very hard for me, though.  They say it takes 21 days to change a habit.  I do hope it gets easier.  For now, I have my scale and my budget that's showing me the positive aspect of this change!  (I have lost 20 pounds since having Leah.)


3.  On Saturday, Caleb had a lemonade stand in our front yard to go along with the city-wide yard sales.  It's always quite busy on our street when there are yard sales, so we knew it would be a good time for him to do it.  Plus, he's been wanting to for so long!  I admit, I was nervous for him.  I'm glad Josh helped him and got it all together, I sort of learned something about myself as a mom through this.  I was actually so worried that no one would come that I didn't want him to do it.  But actually, he sold about 40 cups, and that's pretty good! :)

Sarah was his first customer :)


4.  Sometimes...half joking and half not...I will randomly say to Josh, "Umm...we have four kids!"  I think I'm still working to comprehend this fact!  I know a lot of my time and attention is focused on Leah right now, and it makes me miss the others.   When she naps, I want to just cuddle with Gabriel or play Barbie's with Sarah or listen to Caleb read a book to me.  But those naps are often short-lived, and how do I do all three of those things in one nap time?  Obviously I can't, I have to just do the best I can.  I know the first year is the most demanding, and all of this will fall into place.  And I do love seeing her grow, too (she turned one-month on Saturday).  I guess I may have rambled a bit...I guess I'm just still trying to figure out how this will balance out.



2 comments:

Deidre said...

You look fabulous! I don't know how you handle giving attention to four, as I'm struggling with two!

Jo Ann said...

I just can't resist a kid with a lemonade stand! And the bouncy sister was a good mascot. :) I think she sold most of the lemonade. Glad it went well for him.

Post a Comment