Wednesday, October 7, 2009

WFMW

This week only, I'm going to join Kristen over at We Are THAT Family and share something for "Works For Me Wednesday"...this will take the place of Wordless Wednesday...just today.














As a "themed" WFMW, we are all to share cleaning tips...but I'm not really very creative or knowledgeable when it comes to cleaning.

There was really only one thing that came to mind that I found to be helpful a couple months ago.

On occasion, I will let the kids chew gum. Oh, yes. You know where this is going. Somehow (and I still don't know how) Sarah's gum ended up on a pair of her shorts. I don't even think they were the shorts she was wearing at the time, they were an extra pair I had packed for her!

I just happened to be at my mom's house, and I asked, "How on earth am I going to get this off of her shorts?"

"Go get an ice cube," she responded, "and hold it on the gum."

And how exactly was that going to work? I was perplexed.

But...nonetheless...I tried it. And to my surprise, it worked perfectly. The ice chilled the gum so much so that it basically froze it. The gum turned into a hard substance, and it peeled right off. No trace of gum left on the shorts.

So if you find yourself in a sticky situation, grab and ice cube and rest assured, you'll be ok!

And thanks Tina for introducing me to her blog. She is one of us even though we don't know her personally :o)

3 comments:

Tina said...

You're welcome!
I love her!!!!!

Tina said...

and ice on gum is what my mom used to do when my brother stuck it in my hair ;o)
Good tip!

(our mom's are really smart sometimes!)

Causey Fam said...

I don't have any great tips of my own...but check out www.flylady.net

Post a Comment