Friday, September 17, 2010

A Few Similarities

These random thoughts went through my mind while lying in bed yesterday. Maybe it was the meds?


Caleb and Sarah were both born in August.

Caleb and Gabriel were both born in years of presidential elections. Bush won in Caleb's year. Obama won in Gabriel's year.

Caleb and Sarah were both born in years that the St. Louis Cardinals went to the World Series. They were swept in Caleb's year, they won in Sarah's year.

You can find Caleb, Sarah, and Gabriel's names in the Bible. Caleb in the book of Numbers, Sarah in the book of Genesis, and Gabriel (most notably) in the book of Luke (but also in Daniel).

They were each born in "even" years: 04, 06, 08. In 2012, they will be these ages.

The same doctor delivered each of them.

My labor was induced with Sarah and Gabriel.

We brought Sarah and Gabriel home from the hospital to the house we live in currently.

All three of them celebrated their first birthdays in the same house.

Caleb and Sarah have beautiful auburn hair, distinct enough to them that when Sarah moved up to the 4-year-old Sunday school class, the teacher just knew it was Caleb's sister.

Caleb and Sarah have both been under anesthesia. (Both times mommy had tears.)

Caleb and Gabriel have my eyes.

They are all best buddies.

They are all dearly loved.













6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Awww, so sweet! I have not been around to my favorite blogs in awhile. Are you sick, Chrissy? If so I hope you are well soon.

Jamie said...

Hey Chrissy! Hope you're doing good. I've not been reading blogs for a week or so and just got caught up with you! hope you're feeling better! My kids have some similarities similar to yours as well...two notable ones, Naomi was born on the last day of the regular season the year the Cardinals won the series (2006) and Micah was born on the first day of the season in 2008 (both even years!) Have a great weekend!

Nel said...

And all super cute kiddos!

Wendy said...

Isn't it funny what you think of? My friends family members' birthdays are all signal digits (ex. April 8th, October 2nd, etc.) My family's birthdates are double digits (November 17, 24 and December 31st) My brothers are a week a part by birthday, my mom and I are a week a part. Silly stuff.

Speaking of the bible...I read the story of "Daniel" to Hunter for several nights in a row because it was his "daddy's middle name", but he wanted to know where his name was in the bible. Hmmmm toughy! LOL

Hope you are feeling better!

Enjoy the weekend!

Wendy said...

Another funny inquiry about birthdays (as I read what I posted I thought of more)...my husband & my birthday are one week a part. My husband's mom and my dad's birthdays are one day a part. My younger brother and husband's dad are one day a part.

Ok, now that I have that out of my thought I can go read more blogs! LOL

location costa blanca said...

such a nice post !!!!
there few similarities but all this is a co-incident.Many people had similarities of birthday or any thing else.
hope you are ok and such a cute and innocent kids...

Post a Comment