Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sick

It's after 1:00 pm.

I have been laying on the couch most of the day.

Caleb is still in his Buzz Lightyear pajamas.

Sarah is wearing nothing but underwear.

Gabriel has a diaper and a t-shirt on his little body (last I checked).

Caleb fixed everyone breakfast (Eggos) and fixed everyone lunch (fish sticks).

He had to do his school work independently. He brought me my teacher book, and from the couch I told him which pages to complete. I told him when he was finished, I would get up and check them. After he was done, I heard him whisper to himself, "I don't want to make mommy get up," so he brought his book to me. What a sweetie.

Around noon I asked Caleb to find Gabriel's pacifier and tell him to go lay down in his bed. Unbelievably, this worked. Gabriel fell asleep in his bed, just as Caleb instructed him to do.

I ache all over, especially in my neck and back.

I have a fever of 101.

One minute I'm so hot I want to take off most/all of my clothes and lay down in a freezer. The next minute I'm so cold I put on my sweatshirt, sweatpants, and shiver.

Here's to getting better soon.

Pretty sure kids can survive on Eggos and fish sticks for at least a few days, though, right?


13 comments:

Nel said...

Of course they can!
Get better soon :o)

Wendy said...

oh, I hope you feel better soon & it looks like you have a pretty good helper!

Scott S. said...

Better get a bell for Josh so when he gets home he can wait on you. Let me start texting him and telling him to be prepared that you are going to run him through the ringer

Get better soon.

Anonymous said...

sounds like the flu! I hope it goes away quickly and I'm praying for you all day! Love you!

Causey Fam said...

Oh, I hope you feel better very soon!!

Causey Fam said...

So did you get up to type this? I hope you have a laptop on the couch with you! ;o)

Mommy Kerin said...

Hurting in your neck an back are signs of bacterial meningitis which can be deadly if not treated immediately. My 3 year old nephew died within 23 hours of getting rushed to the hospital, his mom just thought he had a cold.

Hope you feel better soon!

Susan said...

Remember when all of us got food poisoning but Sonja..we stayed in the down stairs and i put peanut butter, a knife, and bread for Sonja..she was in heaven...hardly remember anything else..but also remember..that was the blessing. Dr. Felts said if Sonja, as little as she was, would have eaten that food she would have died from this food poisoning..so glad my mom kept her that one night for softball!! God is Good!!

Susan said...

PS..the few times I was sick it is nice to have your kids help you!! Amazing what they are capable of in times of need..love you Chrissy..

Josh said...

It is just a virus. She should be good to go in a couple of days!

mountain mama said...

oh, not..it's no fun when mama doesn't feel good!
hang in there!

thechattymommy said...

I am praying for you and the kids and I know I am probablly late on the scene, but are you homeschooling?
Just wondering.

Kelly said...

I'm in the same boat :( Hope you're feeling better! It's not fair when mommy is sick. It just shouldn't be allowed! Here's to hoping you feel better already!

Post a Comment