I have participated in races for them.
Did you know that some of the top risk factors for breast cancer are ones that we can control? Weight, diet, and exercise are things we can adjust.
Briefly I want to share my small success in September. I know I haven't mentioned weight loss in a while, especially since my post about it in April. But last month, I lost 9 pounds after being inspired by a friend. I hope to continue with this trend, and Kim and I have started walking in the mornings again, usually two miles each time!
I am working on the risk factors I can control.
So in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, I want to give away something PINK to one of my readers.
It is a pink cutting board and knife set (as shown in picture above) from Pampered Chef.
Leave a comment on this post. If you know someone who has battled breast cancer, tell me about them.
For additional entries (one additional entry each):
1. Follow Traveling Light with Google Friend Connect, leave a comment to let me know!
2. Like Traveling Light on Facebook, again leave a comment so I know!
3. Join Traveling Light on Twitter, yep...come back and leave a comment so I know you did!
4. Add the giveaway button to your blog...leave a comment telling me where!
5. Leave a comment with another risk factor for breast cancer that I did not mention.
Winner will be announced Friday, October 8th.
Be sure to do your Breast Self Exams (BSE) once a month, and find a friend to remind each other! It was because of a BSE that I found a lump last spring. I went through exams, ultrasounds, and a biopsy. All of which can be scary. My results came back, and there were no "bad cells" detected.
I hope this month you will read articles on breast cancer prevention and find information that you may have not known!
Love you girls!