Friday, June 5, 2009

My Biopsy

For some reason, I didn't feel the need to share this before today, but now I'm going to go ahead and tell you about my appointment to have a biopsy this morning.

It's been about four weeks now since I first felt a lump in my right breast. At first, I simply dismissed it as having to do with nursing because often small lumps can occur in breastfeeding moms. But after a phone conversation with a friend, who got out one of her nursing books that said if I felt it for longer than a week and it didn't go away, I should see my physician, I decided to contact my OB/GYN. She agreed and wanted to see me.

After her exam, she scheduled an ultrasound to determine the exact size and if it appeared to be nursing-related or not. Evidently, the radiologist who reviewed my ultrasound decided that a biopsy was necessary, so next I was scheduled to see a surgeon who evidently is the next person to visit with in this process - a long and drawn out process I might add. Next, I was given the date for my biopsy which was this morning at 11:00. I'm not sure if it was a fine-needle biopsy or a core-needle biopsy, but a needle was used, and it wasn't an open biopsy (where the lump would be entirely removed).

My results will not be available until next week.

Everyone who I've told about this has said, "Oh, are you worried?" or "I bet it's really hard to wait." I can say with complete honesty that I am not worried. Really, I'm not. Is it because I think it's nothing? Not really. I guess I just know that this is completely out of my control, and God's word even tells us...

"Do not worry about tomorrow..." Matthew 6:34

Is that easier said than done? Yes, in many cases. Right now I'm thankful for the peace God has given me about the situation.

And I'll be sure to post what the results show when I find out.

Psalm 121

1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?

2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip—
He who watches over you will not slumber;

4 indeed, He who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD watches over you
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;

6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
He will watch over your life;

8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

5 comments:

Molly said...

Keep us posted, Chrissy! I admire your strength and faith :) You are a strong woman in Christ and it is awesome to hear your praises through this! You will be in my prayers. I know it cannot be easy waiting for such news, but, God will bless you for your attitude and Grace you with His mercy!!!

Ashley said...

Thanks for the update Chrissy...I was on my knees for you this morning at 11! We will be in prayer as well as the doctors look at the results this week.

Britt said...

I agree with Molly! Your attitude is awesome! I will be praying for you.

Kelley said...

Lots of prayers from the King home- for you as you wait and for Josh that he is given the right words and actions to offer you. And, I'm seconding Molly- you're amazingly strong and faithful!

Deanne Smallwood-Thomas said...

i'm so glad the results came back promising----but i have a really important piece of info to share with you that may help with your soda cravings AND this worry----a few months back i had a lump and it turned out to be a cyst. which was caused by CAFFEINE. which i'm not educated on, but the advice given to me was to quit drinking my caffeinated drink of choice which happens to be coffee instead of soda. after about a couple of months, the lump went away. i cut it down to nearly zero caffeine after drinking literally 15 cups of coffee a day for probably over 10 years (something that calmed me in regards to eating disorder stuff). it just sounds like yet another scary yet worthwhile chance for you to be thinking about health lately....

Post a Comment