Sunday, June 28, 2009

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

What an absolutely GORGEOUS day to be outside. This morning I left at 10:00 to meet my mom, dad, and sister to head to the St. Louis Cardinals game. I was a bit leery earlier in the week about going since I am a big baby when it comes to being in the heat. But wow, it was so pretty, only a Cardinals victory could have made the day better - that or if they scored 6! ;o)

I jokingly said to them how fun it was to be with my "original" family. Just the four of us. I can't remember the last time we did something together like that. It was fun to talk and laugh and remember how the car rides to St. Louis used to be.

Now don't get me wrong...I wouldn't trade my "new" family for anything! But on days like this, it was just a nice treat to hang out with the ones who are so dear to me. The ones who I spent the first 21 years of my life with.

It was a great day.

And thank you, Josh, for your willingness to take care of all three kids on your own. You have no idea how much it means to me when you let me recharge like that. You are the best.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

what a SUPER hubby!!! to not only let you "recharge" but also miss a Cards game and let you go instead!! =) glad you were able to spend time with your "original" family. i also find that fun! and, i am glad you were "recharged"--SO IMPORTANT to a stay-at-home mommy!!!!!!!

Post a Comment