Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Caleb's Drawings

When Caleb became old enough to hold a crayon and sit at a table, I assumed that's what he would do - he would sit and color many pages and draw many pictures for me. This was not the case, however, not even close! I remember feeling frustrated that he didn't like to color or draw, and I wasn't frustrated at him, I was frustrated at myself thinking I must be doing something wrong.

I have learned, though, that it was just something he wasn't interested in doing at that time. Since he turned 4 and began preschool, I have seen his coloring and writing abilities improve. I also attribute his development to his participation in his Sunday school class.

Monday morning he drew a picture for Papa (Josh's dad).














They are next to water and are holding fishing poles! I'm not sure why the tree is on top of the water, but he drew the tree before the water. :o) He wrote his name down the middle for some reason, but that's ok. I try to encourage him to write his name as often as possible!

I know his writing and drawing will continue to get better. I've learned not to push the issue, and I let him color and write when he wants or when I know he's in a good frame of mind to try it.

He may not be Picasso, but I'm proud of him just the same!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That's a great drawing! :0)

Kelley said...

That's awesome that he can write his name so legibly!

Post a Comment