Monday, February 23, 2009

Memory Monday

On April 8th, 2008, I found out I was pregnant with our third child. It came as a bit of a surprise, but we knew we want another child anyway...it just happened a little sooner than we thought it would! April 8th was the night before I left for Dayton, OH with my mom to watch my sister perform for the WGI Championships. I did not tell my sister or my mom about the pregnancy during the week we were together. I wanted that week to be completely about my sister and her last year to perform with The Pride of Missouri State. I was sick the entire week, and I just tried to pretend like I must have had some sort of bug. Sure wish I could have enjoyed the trip more!

So this Memory Monday is sort of a "two for one" post. :o) When I arrived back home from Dayton, Josh and I started discussing how to tell our family about the pregnancy. I personally like to tell them face to face, and so does Josh. So we called his parents one day and asked them if they wanted to meet us at our house and then travel with us to Matt's Steakhouse for dinner. We decided we would tell them while we were eating...we didn't know how we would bring it up, but that was the plan!

When they arrived at our house, we all loaded up in the van. The seating arrangements were always the same: Josh and his mom in the front, me and Sarah in the middle, and Caleb and Josh's dad in the back. Caleb loves sitting next to Papa! What we failed to realize is that an almost 4-year-old is not so good at keeping secrets! We had already told Caleb that "Mommy has a baby in her belly!" and I think he was more excited about that than we expected! So...without prompting whatsoever...I could hear a little voice say to Papa, "Guess what, Papa! Mommy has a baby in her belly!"

I looked at Josh's dad...I then turned and saw Josh's mom looking at me. Their faces were lit up with excitement! "Really?!!" Mary said with joy! I nodded and said, "Yep! We were going to tell you at dinner, but I guess Caleb beat us to it!"

I don't think I'll ever forget Caleb's sweet little voice saying, "Mommy has a baby in her belly!" The evening turned out even better than we planned. It made for a great memory.

(Picture taken three days before I had Gabriel)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That's sweet! I should blog about telling everyone about our baby news as well...it would be a good thing to have recorded!

Bld424 said...

I am going to start doing a memory Monday, too. I really like yours!

Post a Comment