Monday, August 31, 2009

A Beautiful Day for Maramec Spring Park!

Our family picnic...















Gabriel swinging...





























Feeding the fishy...















A walk along the stock ponds...















Do you think we ever become so used to our surroundings that we don't appreciate them as much as we should? I know. Profound. I've gone to the Maramec Spring Park several times, starting as a child with my dad, and for some reason I realized yesterday that perhaps I hadn't appreciated its beauty as much as those who come to see it for the first time as adults. People travel from "the city" quite often to escape to the quietness of the surroundings.

So, as my kids played in the park area, and as they fed the fish, I finally realized how incredibly gorgeous this place is. And I love it. I love hearing the water roll quickly over the rocks in the stream. The kids giggling as they see the fish surface for the little pebbles they throw on the water is just the sweetest sound. The peacefulness of everyone who walk around the spring is so nice, as if we all just needed a short get-away from the business of everyday life. I found myself talking to God a lot...thanking Him for His creation. Thanking Him for the gorgeous day. And thanking Him for the wonderful time with my family.

It was a perfect day.

And I hope next time my local friends have a day at the springs, they will appreciate it just as much, too! :o)

1 comment:

Causey Fam said...

That is one place I never went to when we lived there. Looks beautiful!

Post a Comment