Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Yes, I Have Gray Hair

I'm pretty sure I've had one gray hair since I was 17 or so. It's on the right side. It hides itself under other hair so that no one realized I had it.

But since having children (maybe Caleb specifically...ha!) I have found many more. I often joke with whomever cuts my hair that I will undoubtedly have to start coloring it eventually. I always ask if she sees any new gray hairs.

My friends always say they can't see them. For the longest time I did not believe them. I thought for sure they were just being nice.

So to prove that I really have many gray hairs, I took a picture of myself this morning.

This one was taken right after the blow dryer made my hair all fluffy. I see several on the right side of my hair, left side of the picture - if you click on the picture you can probably see it more clearly.
















This one was taken after I straightened it.















All I have to say is, the magic of a hair straightener and the magic of parting my hair on the other side is quite amazing. I didn't realize until after I looked at these pictures how much darker my hair looks after it's straightened. And now I also can tell that my grays really do lay down and hide after I've fixed my hair.

So for now, I will put off coloring my hair. I'm sure it's inevitable, though.

Right, Mom? ;o)

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Ha, funny that you were blogging about aging too! Although you don't believe mine. ;) I've had a gray hair- or maybe a couple- for several years now. Now that'd be weird if I was a gray "15 y/o." I'm sure they'll start coming in when I have kids too. So with 3 kids I'd say you're doing pretty well! :)

Nel said...

I LOVE your new blog back ground! Super cute!!!

Spashop said...

Hi! I would like to open beauty salon. Does anybody have an experience in this business? There are too many options in different salon equipment. Could anybody give me an advise? What store is more reliable to buy Mobile facial chair and Adjustable facial chair. I'm choosing between Advance-Esthetic and Spa&Equipment websites.

Post a Comment