Friday, May 22, 2009

A Good Parking Spot?

Everybody and their brother is shopping at Wal-Mart during this holiday weekend. No, it doesn't matter what time it is. Just trust me. Just don't go.

I was driving around, trying to find a parking spot this morning, and I noticed a car with handicapped plates in a regular spot - relatively close to the entrance. After noticing that, I looked up ahead and saw several handicapped spots opened. I continued to drive around, and just for grins, I counted/estimated how many handicapped parking places there were total and how many were available. There are around 40 spots, and I'd guess half of them were available. Being the sweet, mild-mannered person that I am, this did not phase me one bit. It did not bother me that the Wal-Mart lot was completely full all the way down to Fashion Bug and Hibbett Sports, and that I, being one without the option to park in a handicapped spot could have used a spot where this car decided to park.

Nope, didn't bother me one bit.

In fact, it was something that did not even cross my mind the rest of the day, except to tell my husband, my sister, my mom, my best friend, my neighbor, a stranger, anyone who would listen...nope, doesn't get under my skin in the least. It's amazing that I could even recall enough of this situation to write about it on my blog.

:o)

P.S. I certainly do not mean any disrespect to anyone who does have a handicapped sticker or plate (I have family members who do). And I don't mean to be rude! I was in a sarcastic and ornery mood yesterday when this happened and when I wrote it! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment