Thursday, May 28, 2009

Job Description

I am currently in need of a job description when it comes to being a big sister. If anyone has something of this nature, let me know.

My mom and husband tell me to just love her and be supportive. It's her life after all. It's not my place to tell her what to do, where to go, who to see, etc. It's not my place to tell her who to love, who to stay away from, etc. But...it simply KILLS me to see her cry, even though she may not think so. I have stayed up nights thinking about her. I have cried for her in her times of hurt, even if it's not when she's around for her to see. At times, I just can't keep my thoughts to myself. I can't keep from telling her when someone is treating her bad. I want her to see it, because sometimes we can't see these things when we're in the situation. But it makes her angry at me.

And this often causes major conflict. "Don't be my mom! Just be my sister!" So...evidently I don't know how to be a big sister. It's something I've not known how to do for almost 24 years now.

I love her. But evidently I don't know how to best show it.

2 comments:

Bld424 said...

I can't help you here! I have a strained relationship with one of my sisters. It started much like you described... you not knowing how to express your concern or your ideas for life... and its so hard to let other people just be and make their own decisions and to still play an active role in her life.

Ashley said...

Chrissy, I really want to respond to this post but am not sure of the right words to use. I am going to spend some time praying about it and email you in the next few days...

Post a Comment