Monday, May 4, 2009

Preschool Promotion

I didn't have a blog back when Caleb first started preschool, but I can tell you this: I had no idea what to expect! I wasn't sure how he'd do with a group of new kids, new teachers, etc. He does tend to be very outgoing and willing to play with anyone, so for the most part, I wasn't too worried! But I didn't know how he'd do with the new activities and new instruction.

It turned out to be a great year!

Caleb has learned so much. He can write his name legibly. He can cut with scissors around shapes. He's getting better at coloring in the lines. He can count past 20 (into 30's, 40's, etc). He learned so many songs! He already knew the Pledge of Allegiance, but he also learned the Pledge to the Christian flag. This is just a small list of his accomplishments! :o)

But most of all...I just love the Biblical truths he learned. Every day when I'd pick him up, I'd ask him what he learned. He would always respond first with something from his Bible lesson.

And do you remember something I wrote back in January that Mrs. Carrie told me?

I have to tell you the cutest thing today. Since today was black and white day at preschool, the kids were to color the things that God made that should be black. There was a spider on the coloring page, and Caleb kept wanting to color it red. We kept telling him that he needed to color it black. He started coloring it red, and Mrs. Cathy and I told him not to...he needed to color it black. He said he didn't want to.

So Mrs. Cathy said, 'Sometimes we can't do what we want to do, we have to do what we are told to do.'

I told him that Jesus tells us to obey our parents and teachers. I said the Bible tells us that.

He said, 'I got a new Bible.'

I asked him, 'Do you read it, or have someone read it to you? The Bible tells us to obey, do you know what obey means?'

He said, 'I think I'll color this black.' It cracked me up! He realized what the right thing to do was and did it. Way to go! I just thought I would share that with you.

Thank you Mrs. Carrie, Mrs. Cathy, and Mrs. Diane! I'm looking forward to next fall!

For more pictures, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment