Monday, August 2, 2010

So We Have To Say Goodbye

Dear Summer,

You are almost gone, and I have enjoyed you so much this year. We have had so many wonderful days together as a family, and I'm thankful for the months of warmth and sunshine that you've given us.














From time at Splash Zone, the Zoo, the Lions Club Park, Grants Farm, Kokomo Joe's, Incredible Pizza, VBS (three of them!), camping, fishing, moments with friends, or just fun in our back yard, I know that the summer of 2010 will hold special memories for me.



You are a special season to me because I married a teacher and always hoped that he would be home with us over the summer. Until this year, he has always had something to fill those summer months - summer school, master's classes, an extra job, conferences, etc. But this year, he was completely ours (besides that one week in Michigan...but we didn't mind...too much).














And now the time has come for you to end. I realize that technically you last until midway through September. But for us (and for most) the end comes when school begins, and for the family of a teacher, that means when the teachers report for meetings, you are over.

That happens this week.

So thank you. You've been everything I could hope for in a summer. I look forward to seeing you again next year.

Until then...


10 comments:

Felicia said...

This was my first summer off too. I've always had a contract that ran through the summer. I was very excited to be home. Now on to the meetings...

Glad you got to enjoy Josh this summmer! Here's to many more like that!

Ember said...

We start next week, sad but "almost" ready to go back. Here's to a GREAT year for us all! =)

Unknown said...

Wonderful post! I am happy your family was all together for the whole summer. It is my fav time of year too. Relaxed and easy going most of the time. Now you will have all winter to remember summer and look forward to the next one. Rosemary

Carmen Klapper said...

Hi there! I'm your newest follower from the Fancy Meeting You blog hop. I love your blog so far and am looking forward to reading more of your posts in the future.

P.S. Before I became a SAHM, I was a teacher and allllllways dreaded with August 1 rolled around. Ugh.

Blessings-
Carmen
www.keepingupklapper.com

Kelly said...

My son is about to start kindergarten so I feel like this is the first summer that I've dealt with the emotions of summer/new school year. To say I'm overwhelmed is an understatement! I'm already looking forward to next summer (just not the heat that accompanies it!).

I'm glad that you were able to enjoy lots of family time. Teachers deserve their summers off :)

thechattymommy said...

Wow!
Our kids don't go back until the week after labor day and the teachers usually go back the week before.
Then I concentrate on Christmas to keep my mind off of missing the kids! lol

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to say Hi!.

I like your pictures and your post is great.

I just post about cooking Thai omelet. Look what is my secret for cook omelet.

http://beonefineday.blogspot.com/2010/08/how-to-make-thai-omelet.html

Have a nice day.

Nan
PS. From; Follow Me Monday and Meet Me on Monday.

Meghan said...

Hey! Thanks for linking up with Hip Homeschool Hop. I'm now following you.

I cannot wait to get to know you better!

Meghan
www.facebook.com/hiphomeschoolmoms
@hiphmschoolmoms
www.thetuckerstaketennessee.com

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful summer! Thanks for participating in Fancy Meeting You. Rita from One 2 Try

Jamie said...

so awesome that he got to spend the "whole" summer at home! sometimes I wish my hubby was a teacher. Both my parents are teachers so I grew up with summers at home with parents, it just seems weird sometimes to think that those in the "working world" don't get three months off!

Post a Comment