Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bedtime Story

I was sitting on the end of the couch, holding Gabriel. He was falling asleep, and I could feel myself begin to drift off to sleep as well. Caleb and Sarah were in their room, and I thought it wouldn't be long before I put Gabriel in his crib and went to my own room.

Then I heard little footsteps coming towards me. Caleb walked into the living room and asked, "Mommy, will you read to me?"

To be honest, I didn't want to. I was tired. I was holding a baby. And we had already gone through their bedtime routine (usually a bedtime story included as well)...they were supposed to be in bed! But every now and then, I try to remind myself that these years go by way too fast, and he certainly won't be asking me to read him another bedtime story forever!

Of course, Sarah was soon to follow. She came up on the couch with me, too. Caleb brought me a Clifford book, and I read to all three of my kids.














When we were done, Caleb and Sarah went back to bed. I laid Gabriel in his crib, then went to my room. I realized that I was glad I didn't tell Caleb no! And every now and then, if he comes out of his room with a book, I will continue to remind myself that these times are precious!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love all of the memories that you guys are making together? I want my kids to think that I was a mother that took care of their needs and did things for them! Your kids are very lucky to have such a great mommy! And I love the picture!!

Post a Comment