Friday, March 20, 2009

Feeling down...but feeling blessed...

This week, I have felt a bit down. I'm not exactly sure why, I've wondered if it's possible to get the typical "baby blues" four months after delivery? Whatever the reason, I've been pretty lethargic with my family and very snippy with the kids. I just hate this current character trait. It's also hard for me to find motivation to keep up with the house, something I'd really been good at as of late.

It all sort of came to a head today. I'd been barking orders at the kids and getting mad at the littlest things. I even sent a text message to Josh saying, "I'm going to snap today." Some how, I recognized that I'm out of the norm this afternoon...so I sat down on the couch and asked Caleb to come over to me.

He climbed up on my lap, and I gave him a big hug. I said to him gently, "Mommy is so sorry for being not-so-nice today."

And his response...

"Oh, it's ok, mom! I forgive you! Do you want to go play in my room with me?!"

It was about enough to bring me to tears. Who else in my life (here on earth) is so forgiving, so willing to forget when I'm not being nice? Children are so resilient, but I don't want to have to say I'm sorry to them because I can't keep my cool.

So I pray a lot more during the day as these late arriving "baby blues" have hit me. I'd appreciate your prayers, too.

Now I'm off to play with a Batman cave...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a little sweetie he is!
From Aunt Kathy

Anonymous said...

You, honey, are so normal - take some time to re-fuel. We all re-fuel differently, I like to be alone away from friends I don't want to talk to anyone and I don't like anyone to talk to me. Complete wasted time re-fuels me sometimes...and then there's the Bat Cave - sometimes breaking down and having your kiddos bring you back up is re-fueling enough...so maybe you'll find an extra tank of gas/patience/marbles :) :) in the Bat Cave.

Post a Comment