Thursday, March 12, 2009

Perhaps she's normal like me after all!

You know her. The one who always has a smile, her spirit is always uplifting and positive. Her husband is such a nice guy (yes, Josh, you're great, too...this is an illustration)! :o) Her children always behave - they are obedient and respectful, always seem to share, always seem to be polite to their peers.

You envision her home always being clean, put together, tidy. The dishes are done, the clothes are folded and put away, there is no dust on top of the entertainment center.

You know she is a giving person, she monetarily gives to different ministries and donates to the Caring Center among other things (like giving me tons of clothes for my kids).

Oh, to be more like her!

And then...one day I see the inside of her mini-van. It looks NORMAL! A few kids things here and there. A few crumbs on the floor mixed with the tiny rocks that get stuck on the bottom of shoes. It didn't look perfect, it looked like a family who actually used their mini-van!

This means she doesn't vacuum her van daily? Oh, my! ;o) Does that also mean that sometimes she gets frustrated, too? Sometimes she has to discipline her children? Sometimes she may not agree with her husband?

I then realized that this sweet friend who I do admire very much for her Proverbs 31 qualities is normal like me. She inspires me to be a better Christian woman, but I'm also reminded that being a good Christian wife and mom does not mean my house (or mini-van) will always look perfect, or that my kids will be perfect. It means that I spend time in prayer on my own, with my children, and with my husband. It means I serve the Lord in ministries where I feel He leads me. It means I respect my husband and he respects me. It means that I will discipline my children with love, not out of anger. It means I give to ministries and to those in need.

Thanks, my sweet friend, for being a great example. But thanks for being normal, too! :o)

Read Proverbs 31:10-31

No comments:

Post a Comment