I have come to realize over the last year or two that I can no longer hide the fact that I am approaching oldness. The following habits or happenings are evidence that could be held against me.
1. I love to watch Wheel of Fortune every night at 6:30. We finish dinner and I turn on Channel 5 with excitement.
2. I usually ask Josh if he would like coffee after dinner. This is what my parents do.
3. I am THRILLED to be planning a trip to Branson (Branson? Really? Branson?) in November to spend a weekend with Josh.
4. I was telling my mom how much I like the 2009 Ford Taurus, and as we were sitting together eating breakfast at a restaurant, I saw one pull up. "Look, there it is," I said to her. And an 80-year-old man got out of it.
5. And (one of the most embarrassing moments of my life I think) when we went to Splash Zone a couple weeks ago, I looked over and noticed that a 60-year-old woman had the exact same swimming suit as I did.
Oh, for shame. It is possible that I am no longer cool.
This World Will Never Be Enough Again
1 day ago