Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Absence

I was gone for one day from the blogosphere (as Jessica called it) and I received texts, emails, and a message on my facebook wall asking where I was and if I'm ok. Goodness...can't a girl take a day off in the middle of the week?

No?

Ok, well, here's the scoop.

Josh and I have been working diligently on our living room. On Monday we painted (literally all day with the help of our dear friend, Peggy). On Tuesday we finished the trim and put the second coat on our accent wall. And yesterday we had our carpets professionally cleaned in the morning...so we kicked ourselves out of our house for the day so it would have time to dry.

I am very excited about this. It is something we have never done before - to work this hard together to "makeover" a room. Thankfully, we did not kill each other over it (such a miracle if you knew my instinct to be bossy and my perfectionist tendencies) .

It's not 100% complete so I don't want to share a bunch pictures quite yet. Here is the only sneak peak I can offer...












Kim has agreed to sew our curtains (my sister-in-law Rebecca picked out material for us - she is the mastermind behind the entire re-do). When those are complete and all the furniture is in place, I will post some before and after pictures!

So I apologize for being absent yesterday. Hopefully this explains it, and I hope you will forgive me. How could I let real life interfere with my blog? :o)

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh ha!! Love the color - cannot wait to see the whole thing!

Ashley said...

I must admit, I wondered as well! ;0)

Nel said...

I can't wait to see the whole thing!!! I love room make overs :o)

Scott S. said...

Ok, Josh I am sorry for asking and I don't want to scare anyone.....BUT.....Are you pregnant?

The only reason I ask is because everytime Tracy has been pregnant she has painted the WHOLE house. ROOM by ROOM and I mean every where. Josh, my man sorry, but I got nervous for you for a second there. Not that it would be a bad thing, just nervous.

And on a worthless note...why is Mario Galaxy so much harder that Super Mario. Im 37, cant they make it easy?

Chrissy said...

No pregnancies in our house! ;o) Not this month anyway!

SonjaMichelle said...

I might swing by on my way home to see it! I cant wait!

Jess said...

Can't wait to see the final results from your room makeover!

Colleen said...

Oooh! Can't wait to see the before and afters! I love the color :-)

Post a Comment