Shoot, these questions are just too good to keep from participating this week.
1. What words do you use on your blog/online that you don't use in real life? I remember one man - who knows me in real life - who told me that he enjoyed reading my blog because it sounded like a conversation I would have with him. He thought it was interesting that I could write just the way I would talk. I think I do tend to use words and phrases that I would just use in normal conversation. I do not, however, use the term "ahem" in conversation. That isn't really a conversational term! :o)
2. Do you still write checks? Rarely. All of our bills are either automatically withdrawn or I pay it online through our bank. The only bill that I still write a check for is utilities. I also write a check to church. If both of these places would offer an online option, I'd do it!
3. Who was your favorite President and why? In honor of my Grandpa (dad's dad) I will say Harry S. Truman. I remember at Grandpa's funeral, there was a large painting of Truman at the funeral home. My Uncle Clay reminisced that this was Grandpa's favorite president because, "None of you [meaning his children and grandchildren] would be here if it wasn't for Truman." Grandpa was a WWII veteran, and he strongly believed he would have never made it home if it wasn't for him. "Truman made the decision to drop the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Truman then organized the end of World War II."
4. Are you a yeller? I rarely if ever yell at my husband (I'm guilty of nit picking and nagging - shocking, I know - but I don't literally yell at him). I have once (I think) gotten into a yelling fight with my sister, and I remember having a yelling phase with my mom in my teen years. I fight the urge (strongly fight it...only with God's help and grace) to not yell at my kids when they push every button. So it's a yes and no answer!
5. Have you ever dumpster dived? Can't say that I have. I think if I saw something sitting at the curb, waiting to be taken by the trash guys, and I thought I could use it, I might take it. But I would never literally go through a dumpster.
This World Will Never Be Enough Again
1 day ago