Friday, April 30, 2010

5QF with thoughts of Pepsi...

Can't resist. Once again. Here is 5 Question Friday from Mama M!



1. If you could, would you go back to high school? Yes, yes, a million times YES! Oh, the simplicity of life. Who doesn't miss that? And last night I watched a college softball game on ESPN, and I almost felt tears coming on. I miss high school softball far more than college softball, so every now and then I wish I could go back and pitch on the Dutchgirl field again. I also miss marching band probably more than anything. I miss my friends and the daily routine of it all. I miss watching Josh and his studly basketball moves (even though I still watch him play from time to time when the coaches get together). I have fond memories of my high school days.

I would go back for fun. But not at the expense of what I have now.

2. If a genie appeared and granted you two wishes, what would they be? I think everyone has pondered this thought at least a few times in life, knowing that it's not a reality to have wishes granted in this way, but wondering what we really would wish for if given the opportunity. It's actually hard to answer this question, because if you asked me again a month from now or a year from now, it could be a completely different answer! But I'm going to keep this really simple and say I'd wish for enough money to pay off our house and enough to fill up a savings account for my kids to go to college (that's all the same wish...ha!) - my second wish would be a hypnosis session that would cause me to feel physically ill at the thought of McDonald's or any similar fast food restaurant. :o)

Oh. Or world peace.

3. What kids show do you secretly like? Umm...all of them. So sad isn't it? That's probably why it's so easy for me to be lazy and watch shows with the kids and not work around the house like I should. But I think one of my favorites is Super Why! on PBS.

4. What is your beverage of choice? Coke or Pepsi. I used to be a die hard Pepsi girl, but depending on where I get it, I actually like Coke. Being the drive thru expert that I am, I love Sonic Coke even more than Pepsi. But Taco Bell Pepsi is my favorite. (Learn a little something new about me every day, huh?) :o)

5. What is something that you would change about yourself (or are working to change in yourself)? Wow, I love the way the end of this question is worded. When I first started reading it, I thought, "Well, that's easy, I want to change my weight!" But then as I continued to read, I thought, "Hmm...working to change in myself...good one." Because for the last several months I have had to work at being forgiving, even when others don't know how much they have hurt me (or they know...and are glad?) - I've had to work at letting go of anger and "grrr" feelings (as my sister calls it). I've learned that my "gift of discernment" does not fail me, it's just that I sometimes dismiss it, which I will never do again.


Thanks, Mama M.

16 comments:

Bld424 said...

The next time you see a Quik Trip, pull over and get a Pepsi! They are $0.59 and rival Taco Bell for carbonation/syrup ration and quality of pebble ice.

Nel said...

Totally agree on the Pepsi and Coke thing - that is soooo true!!!

Great wishes ;o)

Cheryl Sybert said...

Chrissy, you are so cute! :) I love how you would either like to have a dislike of fastfood or world peace for your second wish. Those were some great questions with great answers!

Carries Rambles said...

New follower from Friday Follow
http://carriesrambles-carrie.blogspot.com

Malika said...

I love Superwhy, too. Oh, and Word World. I secretly hope D never outgrows those two shows.

Jess said...

You're so right on the soda thing, but I'm a sucker for adding vanilla. So at Sonic, it's Vanilla Coke and at Bouse's here in town it's Vanilla Pepsi, oh yeah, bring on the sugar coma!! =)

Unknown said...

Visiting from FF.
Back to high school, no for me. Taking another college course, yes, for sure.
2 wishes, enough money to buy a house and more willpower.
I love all the kids Christmas shows
Beverage of choice, gotta say a Pina Colada. lol
Other than the usual weight thing, another thing I would change is that I would try and think before I open my big mouth. Damn, that can get you in a lot of trouble. lol

I just started my own brand new blog. Check it out if you can. Now following you.
http://thriftycanucks.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hello stopping by for FF Have a great Day :D

Causey Fam said...

I would have to say for #3 Electric Company on PBS in the afternoon. It's a hip hop version for learning to read. Alli loves it--and I kinda do too. :o)

casey aubut said...

Hey! I am your newest follower from Friday Follow! I would love you to come by and follow me too! :)

Have a great weekend!
www.aubutfamily.com

juliannah said...

Stopping by for FF. New follower. Love the Five Question Friday!

BARBIE said...

Hello! Stopping by from the Friday Follow. I enjoyed reading your blog. I am following you now! Blessings!

sweepstakesjeanie@yahoo.com said...

I am following on Friday Follow.

Thanks

Jeanette Huston
http://www.mommyblessingsinsmallbundles.com/

That Bald Chick said...

Happy Friday Follow, I'm following you now. Would love to have you follow, too.
Virginia
http://ladyvdzine.com

Robyn Jones said...

You couldn't pay me enough to go back to high school...it was a nightmare for me... :( We like Superwhy..mostly because my 18 month old likes it...but I also like mindless Spongebob Squarepants...LOL! Dropping in from FF! Have a great week!

kingstongirl said...

I love you blog and had to use this for my Meet Me Mondays. :) I drank the Koolaid and I am now following you! LOL!

Post a Comment