Friday, April 9, 2010

My First 5QF

I still find myself feeling unbloggy (that word - along with bloggy - will surely make it into the dictionary someday and not come up on spell check every time I use it), so I need a writing prompt. Therefore, it is with great joy that I join my friends who currently play along with Mama M. over at My Little Life during her 5 Question Friday each week.

So here goes.



1. Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life? Probably Sandra Bullock because I've been told several times that I look like her. I also wouldn't mind if Kate Winslet played me because evidently she isn't the "size zero" kind of actress (which I don't understand because she looks tiny to me...but I suppose compared to others in Hollywood, she is more "normal")...and I think she could pass for me, too! ;o)

2. Did you ever go to summer camp? Oh, my goodness...YES! I went to athletic camps, band camps, and church camps. But the one that was the most important to me was Super Summer at William Jewel College every year in June. It was a Christian youth camp, but it was so much deeper than the typical "church camp". I remember being closer to God in those times than probably any other time of my life. That one week in June every year was so important to me. I attended from June of 1993 to June of 2003 (six years as a student and then five years as a small group leader). I miss it.

3. What sends you running and screaming in the other direction? Bugs, spiders, etc. I'm so not an outdoors kind of girl.

4. What is something you do that drives your spouse nuts? Um...blog? :o) That's probably not far from the truth. I'm not sure if he likes how much I like my blog. I promise, honey, that I don't like it more than you!

5. What is currently your favorite song? That's a tough one. I listen primarily to Contemporary Christian music, and I'm really starting to love Meredith Andrews. And while "Revelation Song" isn't necessarily my favorite right now, her version of it is my favorite. I could listen to her all day long...I even get chills listening to it on YouTube.

13 comments:

Sarah said...

I picked Sandra Bullock too! =) Happy Friday!

Scott S. said...

This one time at band camp......

Christy said...

I went to every camp possible too, including band camp, lol! Great answers and I hope you start feeling bloggy again :-)

Beth McC. said...

Love all your answers! I love Sandra Bullock she is one of my faves!!

Happy Friday!~

Shannon K. said...

How ironic...I didn't even think of blogging as one of the things that drives him nuts, though it totally does! Maybe I'm in denial about it. I choose to not acknowledge it, so I can continue blogging in blissful ignorance.

Lauren said...

how fun! I love both sandra Bullock and Kate Winslet. I always get people telling me Nicole Kidman and Amy Adams... I love them both, so I'll take it! :)

Josh said...

Your blogging does not drive me nuts. I am glad you have found an outlet to express yourself and be a mental break from the hectic schedule of a domestic engineer!

And we both know that there is nothing I do that drives you nuts!

Brandie said...

Great 5QF. Nice to meet you haha! Visiting from My Little LIfe

Melissa said...

i LOVE your blog! Hopped over from Mama M's! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE that song!! I was kinda the same way w/ the summer camps. I felt so close to Got at our church camps & attended for YEARS - first as a camper & later as a leader. :)

Mama M. said...

Woo hoo!!! I love seeing new faces on 5QF! Glad to have you play along!

Sandra Bullock rocks! And, wowza! Holy camps, Batgirl! Wishing I would've done the camp experience...

Lula Lola said...

Sandra Bullock is a good one! Love her! Camps are great! I'm camp shopping for my oldest this year. I'm excited for him, but nervous to be away from him!

René (aka Tweeter Bug) said...

I think it's cool that your hubby commented on your blog!!

Thanks for sharing :)

Blondie said...

Hey Chrissy! My oldest friends still call me that tho now I am simply Chris to everyone else!

Love your blog! It is so positive and uplifting! That is so awesome you got to have so many great summers at Christian camp. I was blessed as a kid in Alaska to go to similar kind of camp and always felt such a closeness to the Lord and other believers there in that beautiful setting. Those are such special times...it will bring you such joy to see your kids doing the things you enjoyed so much.

So glad you did Five Q Friday! See you next time!

Chris

http://absolutely--positive.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment