Friday, April 23, 2010

Women of Joy

I am so excited I can hardly stand it! Because at 1:00 pm today, my mom will be picking me up, and we will head to Springfield. There we will pick my my sister, Sonja, and then we will proceed to Branson to spend the weekend together at the Women of Joy Conference! {Insert a giddy, childlike squeal!}













The reason for my excitement consists of a few things.

First, I will get the chance to see some of my favorite musicians. We will hear Big Daddy Weave (who sing Audience of One) along with Chris and Conrad (who sing Lead Me To The Cross) on Friday night and Sunday morning. I am even MORE thrilled to hear Steven Curtis Chapman and Michael W. Smith on Saturday...I will probably cry! How could I even pick just one song to share along side of their names? Michael W. Smith is often credited with shaping the entire Contemporary Christian music genre - but I think my favorite is Above All - you know, if I have to pick one! And Steven Curtis Chapman was also formative early in the industry. Josh and I had a friend sing one of his songs at our wedding, I Will Be Here. I would bawl at that one, and quite possibly bawl if he sings Cinderella. Shoot, I'm bawling just looking them up to post on this entry. If you've never heard Cinderella or seen the video, you will want to click on it.

The speakers are incredible individuals who have been uplifting and insightful to women of the Christian faith for many years. Candace Cameron Bure will share her testimony Friday evening - DJ from Full House! Saturday morning, we will hear from Anita Renfroe and Bible teacher Kay Arthur will share from the Word. Sunday morning will feature the first Women of Joy appearance for Donna Gaines, wife of Dr. Steve Gaines who is the Senior Pastor of Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis, Tennessee.

Besides all that good stuff, I am in desperate need of some down time - away from my house, away from my husband, away from my children. To some, this may sound horrible. To others, it sounds familiar. I need a recharge. I need rest. But most of all...above all...I need to be in a place with other Christian women and seek the Lord. I want to worship Him, shutting out everything else, and figure out what on earth I need to be doing to glorify Him in my everyday life.

And I couldn't write about this weekend without mentioning how much I'm looking forward to spending time with my mom and sis. I honestly can't wait until Sarah is old enough to do something like this with us, too. That gives me tears just thinking about it.

Thank you, Josh, for your willingness to stay home for TWO ENTIRE DAYS without me. I know our kiddos are very safe in your care, even if there's no telling what they'll look like at church on Sunday!

One more thing. Will you pray for me? I know that God can speak to us at any time, any place, and in any circumstance. But I have actually felt very distant from Him lately, something I haven't really shared on here. And I am praying that being removed from my daily routine and daily distractions will give me the opportunity to hear Him more clearly. Something I need more than anything right now.

While I'm waiting, I will serve You.

17 comments:

The Old White Barn said...

Sounds like great fun! Visiting from Friday Follow - I'm now following so I don't miss all the fun!

Stop by and see me - I have a great give away for a Mother's Day Gift Basket from Bea's Gift Baskets.
Susan
www.BlackberryJamCafe.blogspot.com

Bld424 said...

I like those bands, too! And our wedding song is "I Will Be Here", too. Dan cried teh entire song! I love that memory.

SonjaMichelle said...

I am looking forward to the "girl time" as well!

Jennifer said...

Have a ball Chrissy!!

I went to the Women of Faith conference last September and saw Steven Curtis Chapman. I cried through the whole performance!! I can't wait to go again this year!!

I'll be thinking of you and can't wait to hear how the conference went!

Ashley said...

How fun! And how nice to be able to share the weekend with two special women in your life! Wow. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Jess said...

I love While I'm Waiting!

The Women of Faith conference is the same thing for me, down time and recharge time!

Have a wonderful weekend! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Robyn Jones said...

That sounds like so much fun...I have to say, I don't know when the last time I was away from my children was..or for that matter the last time I went to a conferance was..I will have to have fun through you...May God bless you this weekend... :)

Unknown said...

I hope you have a wonderful time. We love to visit Branson - especially in the fall and when they have southern gospel nights at SDC

cfoxes33 said...

Lucky you! I know you will be blessed. I'm new from FF. Have a great weekend!

Heather said...

Hi STopping in for Friday follow Folloewing you
http://savingfor6.blogspot.com/2010/04/friday-follow_23.html

Jamie said...

That is so awesome! What an incredible experience that will be for you and your fam. Oh, and if SCC does sing Cinderella, well, that whole building will be bawling! Have a blessed time.

Stopping by from Friday Follow. I'm followig now!

Krissy @ ArtsyMom said...

I absolutely love SCC! I hope you have a great time! Stopping by and following from Friday Follow! Hope you visit us as well and return the favor! Have a great day!

http://theartsymom.tk

Unknown said...

I listened to all the links...just like being there. (You are a blogger with power! I'm impressed.)

Yes, Christy, I pray that the Holy Spirit will calm your mind and body and soul and lead you into the presence of the King. Leave your cares at the foot of His cross and reach out to Him. He is there for you.

trooppetrie said...

I am your newest friday follower but I have a question do you think I would fit in your suitcase. This sounds like a wonderful weekend

Mrs. Micek said...

I wish I could go with you to your conference! I too feel that I am missing that in my life a lot lately!! You seem like such a sweetheart and I'm so glad I found you on FF! :)

Hope you'll come say hi too!

www.mommielifeblog.com

Unknown said...

I cant not wait to hear about this. You guys have a good speaker line up. I love some Kay Arthur!!

Please share all that you learned!!

By the way love your sisters name, mine is Sonya too!!!

Serving with Joy,
Sonya

Stop by sometime!

Causey Fam said...

"I Will Be Here" was sang at our wedding too!

Post a Comment