Friday, April 16, 2010

Sweet Auburn Locks

The other night I was sitting on the couch, watching TV, and as I looked down at Sarah who was laying on the floor, I couldn't help but notice her pretty hair.
















I'm not sure if it's the color, the length, or what. But it's just sweet. It's even pretty when it's blowing in the wind as she plays...or swings.

















I probably adore her hair because, for the longest time, she didn't have any. I still remember her being basically bald until she was almost two!

















On the left, Sarah's 1st birthday. On the right, Sarah 2nd birthday photo shoot.

When I started putting her hair in pigtails sometime before she turned three (and FINALLY had enough to put into full pig tails) it took a while to get her to cooperate. Eventually, pigtails became her signature style!













So now I love to blow dry it, straighten it, pull it to the side or leave it down. It's just fun. And I'm trying to absorb this mommy/Sarah time as much as I can - the time when I get to help her fix her hair. Soon enough, she will want to do it on her own.













Until then, I'll just enjoy our morning hair ritual!


I love you, Sarah.

11 comments:

Elaine Welte said...

She's very cute! I'm a new follower from FF. I'd love for you to stop over at honeypieaccessories.blogspot.com I have a 2 year old daughter as well!

Ashley said...

So funny that you posted this today because I have one scheduled for Sunday about Graysen's hair!

Kristie said...

awesome! she's beautiful! following you today from FF - enjoy your weekend!

Jenna said...

Happy Friday Follow! I'm your newest follower. I'd love it if you could visit/follow me at www.momsbalancingact.com!
Have a great day!

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

I'm following you from Trendy Treehouse. ...I'd be honored if you would do the same!

Robyn Jones said...

If it makes you feel better, I am obsessed by my little girls hair as well..I have five kids..Four are girls, and I have a son..The first four were ALL bald until two...including my son, who friends jokingly called cue ball.. (pool term) then my daughter was born with a head full of curly blond hair...I LOVE it..as wild and crazy as her...I could put hair things in before a year...Who HOO! BTW..I found you through Friday Follow!

Scott S. said...

Very cute. Tell Josh we are finally at World 8 on Mario. Maybe this time C1 wont delete everything. Have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

happy Friday follow from one Chrissy to another... I came in to follow and I already do :-)



Happy Mom Of 5
http://happymomof5.blogspot.com/

Chrissy's World Of Books
http://chrissysworldofbooks.blogspot.com/

Bld424 said...

Wow, you straighten her hair! That is something else! It does look so good these days.

Christian Frugal Mama said...

How sweet! My 10 month old barely has any hair, but I love fixing my 2 1/2 year olds blonde hair into "ponies!" Following you now from Friday Follow!

Naomi said...

she is precious!! loved reading this blog!!! I love her hair! I can't wait until Gwyneth's hair is longer!!

Post a Comment