Tuesday, November 17, 2009

God's Timing

Give thanks #17

There are times...more often than I'd like to admit...that I question God's timing. Of course, it's always because something didn't happen the way I wanted it to, and so I sit back and think, "Would it have really been so bad to do it my way?"

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, declares the LORD." Isaiah 55:8

I cling to that verse often. It has given me comfort in times when things just didn't make sense to me.

Then there are times when I look back and see VERY CLEARLY why God set my path in a different direction than I wanted it to be. In those times, I cannot thank Him enough. I have even found myself telling Him I'm sorry for asking for my life's direction to be a different way. Those are the times where He gives me a very small glimpse into His greatness. I believe there are many situations that I will never fully understand while here on earth, and He does not have to reveal His reasons to me. But every now and then, I see a broader picture. And it's amazing.

I know there will still be situations in my life when I will not fully grasp why it has to be a certain way. But I am thankful for His faithfulness throughout my short 30 years to always be by my side...

Whether I understand His timing or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment