Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Blog

Give thanks #10

When I started blogging, I really wasn't sure what to expect. I didn't know if I'd have something written every day, or if this would just be a whim that would fizzle out.

What has happened has been great. I have found that my blog is just like a journal for me, and it's been a way to connect to other friends, family, moms, etc. in a way that I didn't expect! At times it's been a way to put into words my feelings about being a stay-at-home mom. It's been a way to share about my struggles with food/weight. I have shared the wonderful insights that God has revealed to me and how He's working in my life each day.

So part of this give thanks entry is about blogging. I'm thankful for this outlet, and I'm thankful that others share in the same way. It keeps me sane. Really, I think it does.

The other part of this entry is about what my sister gave me for my birthday. I am so very excited! She hijacked my blog so-to-speak and was able to turn it into a 274 page hardback book using blurb.com - how fun! It will incorporate all of my blog entries, from the first one through November 4th (my birthday). It will have all of the pictures I've posted with each entry. I can't wait to see it! And I think I'd like to do this each year either around my birthday or around Christmas. How interesting it will be many years from now to read about my life as a young mom and wife. Perhaps my children will be thankful for the book form of my blog as well.

So thank you to my friends who blogged before me and inspired me to start one. And THANK YOU SONJA for the amazing birthday present. I just can't wait til it arrives!

3 comments:

Amy said...

That's so funny! I just ordered my own first blog book. Also used blurb.com, thanks to a friend of mine giving me a gift certificate for MY birthday! Mine is 266 pages long, spanning exactly 1 year from the inception of the blog, and will arrive on Thursday! I also hope to make it a yearly tradition! I'm sure you'll love it!

SonjaMichelle said...

Stop reading my mind!!! I was going to be thankful for my blog today too! Thats just crazy!

I cant wait for your book to come in too. It is being mailed to my address...I really hope it will be in before Thanksgiving so I can bring it home with me.

Mindy said...

What an awesome gift!
I am thankful for blogging too. :)

Post a Comment