Thursday, November 5, 2009

This Generation of Women

Give thanks #4

Being a woman born in this generation is a huge blessing. I could go on about the right to vote, the right to own land/property, women in the work force and making the same amount of money as men, or the ability to have a career that in ages past would have only be done by a man. I've read stats that say more than 55% of those who graduate from a university are now women.

All of these things are amazing.

But.

What I really had in mind for today is something less spectacular when compared to the above. Because really, what I am thankful for is...


Are you sitting down?


Modern feminine products.

That's right. I said it. I'm thankful for tampons.

I mean, come on...can you imagine what it must have been like before the invention of the current maxi pad or the tampon?

I know, I should have warned my two male readers. Sorry. I'll do better at warning you next time.

And usually this is where I write a brief thank you message to God. I think He's rolling His eyes at me right now, so I better not write one this time.

:o)

1 comment:

Nel said...

I so have to agree! I have thought before about what had to be used/done back then... then blocked that out of my mind and just been happy to have tampons!
(Which I am happy I still don't need any of those products :)

Post a Comment