Friday, November 6, 2009

Our Two-Car Garage

Give thanks #6

When it's cold and the wind is blowing hard, or when the rain is pouring down, I am very (very, very, very) glad that we have a garage. It was not so bad running out to a car and getting in quickly when the weather was less than great pre-children, but now that we have three kiddos, it is really nice to be able to load them into the van without the rain pounding on my back. Well, at least on one side of the trip anyway. Once we arrive at the desired location, it's a different story. But at least half the battle is less stressful!

I also am fond of my garage when the weather gets colder and frost begins to form on windshields. We do not have to warm up our vehicles ahead of time. They are just ready.

We were married for four years before we finally bought our first house and it had a two-car garage. While I wish I had a basement, the two-car garage was on the top of my list. Next time, we'll have a basement and a fire place! ;o) But I do remember not having a garage. And now I find myself thankful on many occasions that I have one now.

Lord, I am reminded that it's ok to thank you for the little things in life. You deserve thanks for all things!

2 comments:

SonjaMichelle said...

Thats so funny! That is exactly what I was going to be thankful for today!!! Wow! Great minds....

Jess said...

I'm thankful for our garage....when it's cleaned out enough for us to park in, but it's not attached to the house so we have a short run to the back door out in the elements, but it's better than nothing!

Post a Comment