Sunday, November 8, 2009

My Husband's Work Ethic

Give thanks #8

"If anyone does not provide for...his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever." 1 Timothy 5:8

I am thankful for Josh's work ethic. And really, I guess I should thank his father for teaching him this trait, not in words but through example. (Not that his mom wasn't a hard worker, but I think boys often develop this trait through their father's example.)

He provides for our family. He is willing to take on "extra duties" at school to help out even more. He wants to work an extra job this summer to wipe out our debt faster, and I'm guessing he'd do that every summer to start saving for our children's education.

I know for sure that if, for any reason, he lost his current job, he would IMMEDIATELY start looking for another one, even if it was less than desirable work.

He has also told me that he appreciates my willingness to find work if I needed to. I've talked about working an evening shift, and I think if he wasn't coaching basketball, I would have started this a long time ago.

We have both been taught the value of work.

And...he finds the perfect balance between work and family. Even though he's willing to work hard, he also knows when to draw the line.

I know I am not the only woman who feels this way about her husband. If you find yourself thinking, "My husband is just the same!" then I encourage you to tell him. Often. I really try to thank Josh as often as I can for this trait. Because not every man is this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment