Friday, November 20, 2009

I get by with a little help from my friends...

Give thanks #19 & #20

The very first day of my "give thanks" entries started with true friendships. So I realize I've already mentioned what friends mean to me, but I'm going to be a little more specific about something that I'm thankful for.

Several of you who read my blog know Sarah H. She is very dear to me, one of my very closest friends. I consider her one of my two BFF's...and I just think that's the cutest title! :o)

Lately it seems that we have both had lots going on. Sometimes it's doctor appointments (for ourselves or our children). Sometimes it's getting our nails filled (correction: HER nails filled)! One day she wanted to go with her son on his field trip. One day I needed to go to the dentist. All of these things mean that our children need someone to watch them. And guess what...we have each other! My kids love her kids, and her kids love my kids, so for them, it's always just an extra person to play with!

I am thankful that we have each other to help out in these situations. We trust each other enough to share our joys and our hurts, but we also trust each other enough to leave our children with each other.

That's #19

The #20 is a little sappy and I'm sure it breaks all the guy rules about this sort of thing, but I'm just going to go out on a limb and write about it anyway. I am thankful for her husband, Joe.

It's not for myself, even though I do think he's a neat guy. I am thankful for his friendship with my husband. Sure, they're goofy together, talk fantasy football together, and have played golf together. In many cases, this is what friendships are to guys - just someone to talk sports and hang out with. But they have a friendship that I'm guessing not all guys have. I mean...think about it...it's easy for us girls to share with each other because that's our tendency. It's more difficult for guys to do that, and that's why I know this is a God thing. He knew that Josh and Joe would experience similar struggles in their lives and they could help each other through these experiences.

And the main reason I'm thankful for Joe is this: I know that if Josh is upset about me, and if he talks to Joe, Joe would not say anything negative about me. And vice versa. They can talk about these things, but they have a clear understanding about the importance of marriage and the importance of giving advice in a positive way. The conversation would never be, "Oh, Chrissy does that? Yeah, what a !@#$%...you should hear what Sarah does..." Never, never, never...

The four of us have great times together. But we also know LOTS about each other, so whether they like it or not, Joe and Sarah are stuck with us as friends! ;o)

2 comments:

Jess said...

You are very fortunate to have another couple to be so close with like that. Ross and I don't have any close couple friends like that. Either he really likes the guy and the girl and I aren't that close or it's the other way around. I really like the girl and he isn't so hip on the guy.

Causey Fam said...

Praying we have friends like that in the same town again someday!

Post a Comment